My husband loves BBQ Chicken. He is always ordering boneless BBQ wings when we go out…like every time he can. So I decided to make him a yummy nacho version of one of his favorite snacks!
These came together so easily and were absolutely delicious. So much so that we made them twice in one week!
All you have to do is cook up some chicken, I used two boneless skinless breasts. Grill that up and season to taste. We added some garlic and onion powder and salt and pepper. Cut that up into slices, or shred it. You could also use those precooked chickens from your local grocery store to save some time on this step! Slather about a 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce all over your chicken and set aside. Cut up some red onions if desired, they add an extra kick to this recipe.
Grab your favorite sheet pan, or even a Pyrex dish would work fine! Layer a half bag of tortilla chips on the bottom. Top that with your chicken and onions. Add a whole bunch of cheese on the top. We used Monterey jack and mozzarella the first time, and cheddar and mozzarella the second time. Both were equally delicious! We used about 2 cups total when we made the recipe, but you can adjust according to taste. Then drizzle some more BBQ on the top and pop that bad boy in the oven at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the BBQ sauce starts to caramelize. Yum! Grab some ranch dressing or more BBQ sauce for dipping and serve!
BBQ Chicken Nachos
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup BBQ sauce, plus more for drizzling and dipping
1/2 a red onion cut into slices (if desired)
2 cups shredded cheese, Monterey Jack, Cheddar or Mozzarella
Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing for dipping (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Layer your tortilla chips on a sheet pan.
3. Mix your chicken and BBQ sauce. Layer on top of your tortilla chips.
4. Sprinkle your onion, then your cheeses over the top of your chicken.
5. Drizzle some more BBQ over the top.
6. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the BBQ sauce starts to caramelize. Be careful not to burn your chips.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes. Serve with any desired dipping sauces!